SBB Mobile (iPhone).
SBB Mobile offers:
- Door-to-door travel information
- Real-time information in the event of an incident
- “Take me Home” function with GPS support
- Buy and display tickets for public transport services
- Ticket payment options via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express Switzerland, Diners Club or JCB), PostFinance Card or prepaid card (Visa/Mastercard).
To buy tickets, register in the SBB Mobile app under the "Tickets" menu.
Tip: Your login for the SBB Ticket Shop is also valid for the iPhone. If you do not have a login, simply register on your PC or directly in the SBB Mobile app.
|Download of the Mobile application||approx. 2.8 MB|
|Travel timetable update||approx. 2 – 10 KB|
|Map (per zoom-level/scale change) loading||approx. 100 KB|
|Real-time information enquiries||approx. 0.2 – 3 KB|
|News, RSS Feed update||approx. 0.2 – 3 KB|
- Direct online enquiries using iPhone or iPod touch
- Enter stations/stops, addresses and landmarks
- Retrieve start/destination from Contacts
- Urban, national and international timetables (as per SBB online timetable)
- Real-time information in the event of an incident (delays, alternative connections, cancellations, platform alterations, rail traffic information, strikes and occupancy display)
- Intermediate stop display (route information)
- Start/destination can be viewed in Google Maps
- GPS support (search for nearby stations/stops)
- “Take me Home” function
All the information you need, even when you’re on the move: up-to-date arrival and departure times, platform alterations, etc. are available in real time throughout your journey.
Correct to the address.
You can create your route enquiries using an extendable adaptive favourites list that recognises individual addresses and points of interest as well as stations (approx. 28’000) and stops (approx 6’000).
Are you unfamiliar with your departure point or destination? Find your current position and the nearest station or stop using Google Maps and then transfer this to your route enquiry. Or use the “Take me Home” function: SBB Mobile can get you home from any point in Switzerland in the best possible way using GPS support.
(optional – requires registration with the SBB Ticket Shop)
Purchase and display of tickets.
- Buy via the timetable
- Purchase by entering the starting point and destination
- Use your favourites list to quickly buy tickets you have purchased before
- If you are not making the return journey on the same day, please buy a single ticket for each day
- Display the tickets: Menu “Tickets” “Display tickets”
Tip: Quick ticket display: Open the program, shake the iPhone and the last ticket will be displayed straight away.
Ticket for accompanying passengers.
“Ticket for accompanying passengers” offers the option of purchasing the same ticket for a maximum of 8 additional passengers travelling with you. The class and destinations cannot be changed. Please note: When buying tickets for accompanying passengers, you must travel together for the outward and return journeys.
You can pay for MobileTickets using the following methods of payment:
- Diners Club
- American Express Switzerland
- PostFinance Card
Debit cards from other providers are not accepted.
Prepaid cards from other providers are not accepted.
(It is not possible to make payment by invoice.)
The following range of tickets is available from the SBB Mobile Shop:
- Standard tickets Switzerland
- Class upgrade (on specific route)
- 1-day travelpass (with Half-Fare travelcard)
- Class upgrade for a day for GA or travelpass
- 1-day travelpass valid from 9 a.m. (with Half-Fare travelcard)
- Class upgrade for a day from 9 a.m.
- 1-day travelpass for children
- City-City ticket
- Day pass full fare for bicycle
- Day pass reduced fare for bicycle
- 1-day travelpass for dogs
|Zürcher Verkehrsverbund||Single ticket/day pass, 9 o’clock day pass, class upgrade, zone upgrade, supplement night network, ZürichCARD 24 hours, ZürichCARD 72 hours, Individual ticket/Day Pass city network Zürich (Zone 10), Individual ticket/Day Pass city network Winterthur (Zone 20)
|Ostwind (St. Gallen, Appenzell, Thurgau)||Single ticket, day pass, day pass PLUS, extension ticket, single ticket Frauenfeld, class upgrade, supplement night network|
|A-Welle (Aargau)||Single ticket, day pass, 9 o'clock day pass, supplement night network, class upgrade, extension ticket|
|Libero (Bern, Solothurn)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, extension ticket
|Passepartout (Luzern, Obwalden, Nidwalden)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, supplement night network
|Mobilis (Vaud)||Single ticket, class upgrade, zone upgrade, day pass, supplement night network Pyjama|
|Tarifverbund Nordwestschweiz||Single ticket, day pass, centre day pass, special ticket, class upgrade|
|unireso (Genève)||Single ticket, day pass, day pass from 9 o'clock, class upgrade|
|Onde Verte (Neuchâtel)||Single ticket, 24 hours card, class upgrade, extension ticket,
|Tarifverbund Zug||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, Schwyz and Zug Tariff Community combined day pass, supplement night network|
|Frimobil (Fribourg/Freiburg)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, extension ticket|
|Tarifverbund Schwyz||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, Schwyz and Zug Tariff Community combined day pass, supplement night network
|Tarifverbund Berner Oberland||Single ticket Bödeli, day pass Bödeli|
|FlexTax (Schaffhausen)||Single ticket, day pass, class upgrade, extension ticket, supplement night network|
NB: The range of tickets available is regularly expanded.
- The connections or purchased tickets displayed may be saved as favourites and then simply renewed.
- RSS feeds (rail traffic information, SBB media releases and tips & tricks)
- All timetable enquiries and ticket purchases may be viewed in the history list
- Languages: English, German, French and Italian
- Automatic updates as soon as these are available
SBB Mobile is compatible with all Apple devices that have an operating system iOS 4.3 or above.
SBB Mobile is available free of charge from the iTunes App store. All you pay are the data transmission costs charged by your mobile network provider when downloading the application and when calling up timetables