Corporate Legal Services/Compliance.
The Corporate Legal Services/Compliance unit assists the Management Board, the divisions and Group-level units on legal issues.
Its core competencies include:
- Company law, organisational law, articles of association, organisation regulations, and rules of procedure and terms of reference
- Mergers and acquisitions (purchase and sale of corporate entities; joint ventures)
- Intellectual property, particularly trademark law
- Competition law, monopolies law, liaising with price watchdogs
- Contract law, including consultancy contracts
- Data protection
- Criminal law
SBB believes that complying with legal requirements, regulations and internal directives is the foundation for running a successful business. It sees compliance as ensuring appropriate conduct and providing a framework in which all regulations and directives are consistently adhered to. For members of the Board of Directors and the Management Board, as well as for all other employees, compliance is an important part of daily work and is accepted as a matter of course. At SBB, the Code of Conduct, which has been in force since 1 January 2011, serves as the basis for a common understanding of compliance.
Markus Dill (b. 1964, Swiss)
Head of Corporate Legal Services/Compliance since 2008.
Dr iur., attorney; with SBB since 2008. Previously occupied positions in a law firm and at a court in St. Gallen. From 1996–2003 he worked in the Corporate Law department at Swisscom AG, initially as a Legal Counsel and Team Leader of Internet & E-Commerce, before taking over as Head of Corporate Law in 2001. He transferred to the Valora Group in 2004, where he set up the legal service.